How To Remove Split Ends at Home
Trim Your Hair
Going to the salon to have your hair trimmed is a very effective split end treatment. The longer you wait for your hair to be trimmed, the greater the chance of the split ends to become worse. If you’re trying to grow your hair, trimming it regularly is most recommended. Get your hair trimmed every 6 to 8 weeks to get rid of your split ends.
Hair masks are totally effective in getting rid of split ends. There are so many natural hydrating hair masks for removing split ends at home, and all you have to do is look in your kitchen for these ingredients. They are very easy to make and you just follow the recipe. Not only will hair mask eliminate split ends, it will also leave your hair softer and smoother than before. Read More – Homemade Hair Treatments for Dry Hair
Use Coconut Oil
Coconut oil in its natural form works very well in getting rid of split ends. You don’t need to heat it up or mix it with another ingredient. Just put the coconut oil on the ends of your hair to naturally seal up those tips. It’s that simple. Read More – 10 Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
Put honey in a squeeze bottle and keep it in your shower. You can use hot water to heat up the honey, and then apply it to your hair. This will leave your hair super soft and without any split ends.
Use Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is known for keeping skin soft and smooth, but this amazing oil can also be used for your hair to remove your split ends. You only need a small amount of oil that you can apply on the affected hair ends. It would be better if you can do this before you go to sleep so you can leave it in your hair overnight. Your hair will become softer and free from split ends. Read More – Hair Oil: Best Oil For Hair Treatment
20 Great Habits for Healthier Hair
- Put on a moisturizing hair mask made from avocado once a month.
- After shampooing your hair, put some white vinegar on your hair and leave it for several minutes before rinsing it out. This will result in a shinier hair.
- Don’t wash hair too often because it will remove the natural oils in your hair and scalp.
- Eat foods rich in protein. Hair is made up of protein, so it needs protein to grow. Foods that are rich in proteins include chicken, fish, nuts, legumes, turkey, and dairy products.
- Use a shampoo that is sulfate-free. Sulfate is very harmful because it can strip your hair of its natural moisture. The next time you go out shopping, do not buy shampoos and hair care that has sulfate.
- Use a wooden bristle brush to gently massage your scalp every day. This will activate blood circulation in your scalp, thus promoting hair growth.
- Most people have the habit of putting sunscreen to protect their skin when they go out during the day. Your hair also needs protection against the damaging effects of the sun. You can wear a hat or cap to prevent the sun from causing hair dryness. You can also buy special hair sunscreens that can protect your hair. During summer, you can also protect your hair from chlorine and salt water with special hair styling products.
- Always make sure that your hair is dry before going to bed. Wet hair is more delicate and prone to breaking.
- Use argan oil as a leave-in conditioner. It works great for removing split ends and moisturizing dry scalp.
- Never brush your hair when it’s wet. You can use a wide-tooth comb while in the shower after you’ve applied your conditioner.
- Avoid bleach and hair dyes for your hair. Hair dyes contain ammonia, which can really damage your hair and scalp.
- Using satin or silk pillowcase will reduce hair damage and hair loss while you sleep. It won’t pull or tug on your hair while you toss and turn during the night.
- Trim your hair after 6 to 8 weeks to keep it healthy and prevent split ends.
- Avoid frequent tying or wearing your hair back. This constant tension in your hair can lead to damaged hair follicles. If you are going to tie your hair back, don’t leave it very tight, and don’t tie it when it’s wet. Also, don’t use uncovered rubber bands or elastics with metals to prevent hair breakage.
- Learn to relax and be calm. Being under constant stress can affect your overall health, including your hair. Reduce your stress level and your hair will always look radiant and beautiful.
- Nourish your hair regularly with a hydrating hair mask that is rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Consume more biotin. This type of vitamin promotes hair and nail growth. It is also good for skin regeneration.
- Avoid showering with very hot water. Although this can be very tempting, especially during cold nights, exposing your hair and scalp to super hot water can dry out your hair and create tangles that will only lead to split ends and breakage.
- Loosely braid your hair before you go to sleep. This will give you beautiful hair waves when you wake up in the morning. It also prevents your hair from breaking and tangling when you sleep.
- Wash your hair with egg whites instead of shampoo. The egg whites are very good moisturizers for your hair. This practice can be used for removing split ends at home.