Perfect Eyebrows: How to Grow Eyebrows by Applying These Home Remedies
Eyebrows are very good in defining your look and it is an essential feature of your beautiful face. Thin eyebrows can make you look older and duller. It is better to have fuller and well-shaped eyebrows to really enhance your overall look. The perfect eyebrows are not too thick and not too thin, but recently, more women prefer the bolder and thicker eyebrows. This article will teach you how to grow eyebrows naturally and have a thicker feature in the comfort of your own home.
How to Make Your Eyebrows Grow Fast
It may be hard to believe, but there are effective ways on how to grow eyebrows fast. In just one week, you will notice a thickening of your eyebrows, which you can now easily shape, define and form. Here are the best and fastest remedies to get your perfect eyebrows.
Castor oil is a very popular remedy when it comes to growth of eyebrows. It is very rich in vitamin C, protein, fatty acids, and antioxidants that can keep your hair follicles healthy and stimulate hair growth. It also has antimicrobial properties that can fight microorganisms that prevent your eyebrows from thickening and growing. Follow the procedures below when applying castor oil to your eyebrows.
- Get a cotton swab and soak it in pure castor oil, and then apply it on each eyebrow.
- Massage eyebrows with your fingertips for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Leave it on your eyebrows for about 30 minutes. You can also leave it overnight.
- Rinse off with water and mild cleanser.
- Repeat every day for a few weeks until you see a thickness in your eyebrow.
- If there are any irritations or burning sensation, discontinue your use of castor oil immediately.
Onion juice can help thicken your eyebrows with regular application. The juice of onions is rich in sulfur, which improves the production of collagen tissues that are essential in the growth of your eyebrows. It will also help strengthen the roots of the hair.
- Grind 1 small onion and extract the onion juice.
- Massage the onion juice into the eyebrows for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Leave it to dry on its own and then wash it off with a mild cleanser and cold water.
- Follow this method once every day for few months until you see the amazing result.
If you want fast results when growing your eyebrows, you should try olive oil. It is rich in vitamin E, which is very good in boosting the growth of your eyebrow hair. Olive oil is also very good in keeping your eyebrow dark-hued.
- Every day massage your eyebrows with warm olive oil for 5 minutes before going to bed.
- Leave it on overnight and then wash it off with hot water the next morning.
Another way to apply olive oil is to mix it with honey.
- Prepare a mixture of ½ teaspoon of olive oil and few drops of honey.
- Apply it on your eyebrows and massage for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Leave it on for thirty minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
Human hair, including the eyebrows, is made up of keratin proteins. The egg is a great source of protein, which means that it can be effective in nurturing and improving the health of your hair. In order to apply the egg yolk in your eyebrows, just follow the procedures below.
- Break one egg and separate the white part from the yolk.
- Whisk the yolk until you have a thick and creamy consistency.
- Apply the whisked yolk on each of your eyebrows using a cotton bud.
- Leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
- Use this protein treatment one or two times per week until you are satisfied with the result.
Fenugreek Seeds is another remedy that can quickly grow your eyebrow hair in just two months. They have high levels of protein, nicotinic acid, and lecithin to help your eyebrow hair grow faster. It will also help in the reconstruction of the hair roots. Here is how you can use fenugreek seeds as an eyebrow hair thickener.
- Allow one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds to fully soak in water for at least 5 hours.
- After soaking, grind the fenugreek seeds until it becomes a thick paste.
- Add a few drops of coconut oil or almond oil.
- Apply the paste on your eyebrows at night before going to bed.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Rinse it off in the morning with warm water.
- Follow this home remedy twice or three times a week for 2 months.
Milk is very rich in protein and vitamins that will definitely hasten the growth of your eyebrow hair. It will also provide more nourishment to the hair roots, which makes the hair grow faster.
- Just dip a piece of the cotton bud to the milk and rub it over the eyebrow.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes, and then rinse it off with water.
18 Home Remedies for Eyebrows Growth
We have more home remedies for eyebrow growth that you can try. These are all-natural and safe to use. If you have thinning eyebrows caused by too much plucking, waxing, threading, or a result of aging, then you should give these a shot.
Coconut oil is used as a remedy for many health conditions, and it is also very good in helping your eyebrows grow thicker. Coconut oil is rich in proteins, vitamin E, and iron, which promotes healthy and thicker eyebrows. You can also use coconut oil to make your eyebrows appear darker.
- Add a few drops of warm coconut oil on your fingertips and apply it directly on your eyebrows.
- Massage your eyebrows gently with your fingertips for a few minutes to boost blood circulation.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Rinse it off with warm water in the morning.
- Do this every day for 1 to 2 months until you notice changes in the eyebrow thickness.
Coconut Oil and Lemon Peel
- Slice the lemon peel from one lemon.
- Add 3 tablespoons of pure coconut oil into a glass bottle and put the sliced lemon peels to the oil.
- Cover the bottle with a cap or lid and store it in a cool and dark place for at least 14 days.
- The resulting infusion can be applied to the eyebrows using a cotton ball.
- Rinse off the next morning.
Aloe Vera is a herb that is popularly known to improve the health and condition of the hair. It contains special enzymes and moisturizing properties that nourish the hair follicles, resulting in faster and thicker growth of the hair. When you use aloe vera for your eyebrows, it can make the skin surrounding the eyebrows softer.
- Get an aloe vera leaf and extract the gel.
- Massage the gel gently over your eyebrows.
- Let it sit for half an hour before washing it off with lukewarm water.
You can also use aloe vera with honey for better hair growth.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of aloe vera gel and a little honey or coconut oil until it becomes a paste.
- Apply this paste to your eyebrows.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes and then wash it off with water.
Applying lemon on your eyebrows can help it grow thicker and healthier. Lemon is very rich in vitamin C & B, and folic acid, which can speed up the growth of your hair and make it thicker. Here are two ways on how to grow eyebrows using lemon.
- Just rub a slice of lemon on your eyebrows.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
You can also use lemon mixed with coconut oil to get thicker eyebrows.
- Drop the sliced peels of 1 lemon into 1/4 cup of coconut oil.
- Let the solution sit for at least 15 days in a cool and dry place.
- After 15 days, you can now apply it on your eyebrows using a cotton ball every night before going to bed.
- Rinse it off the next morning.
- Please remember that you should not be exposed to direct sunlight for 2 hours after applying the lemon treatment. Exposing it to sunlight immediately after the application can lighten the color of the hair.
Eat Healthy Foods
Having a healthy diet is important in strengthening your hair and promoting its growth. The rich nutrients coming from healthy foods can speed up the growth of your hair.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin A rich like carrots, red pepper, and sweet potatoes.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin C like lemons, oranges, broccoli, papayas, and peppers.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin E like spinach, olives, almonds, peanuts, and basil.
- Eat foods high in protein like lentils, beans, yogurt, cheese, and tofu.
- Eat foods high in omega-3 fatty acids like salmon, avocados, walnuts, and olive oil.
- Eat foods high in iron like fish, milk, green vegetables, and lean cuts of meat.
- If you think that you lack the right amounts of vitamins and minerals, you can take supplements and multivitamins every day.
Almond oil is rich in vitamins A, B, and E, which are very effective in nourishing the hair and stimulating faster hair growth. However, you should avoid this home remedy if you are allergic to almonds.
- Massage the almond oil gently on your eyebrows in circular motions.
- Leave it on overnight and rinse it off in the morning.
- To get fast and amazing results, you should apply it every day.
Vitamin E Oil or Vitamin E Capsules
Vitamin E is great for promoting hair growth and strengthening weak and fragile hair. Vitamin E capsules or oils also contain tocotrienol, which is an antioxidant that helps reduce the stress that may hinder the growth of your hair. You will need to buy vitamin E capsules in order to use this type of remedy.
- Break the vitamin E capsule open and apply the oil present inside on your eyebrows.
- Massage the eyebrows for a few minutes and leave it on overnight.
- Apply the vitamin E oil every night before you go to sleep.
Jojoba oil can be used to unclog your hair follicles. When your hair follicles are clogged, it can hinder the growth of your eyebrows. Jojoba oil can also seal and protect the hair to make them look shinier and healthier. Here is the right way to apply jojoba oil to your eyebrows.
- Put a few drops of jojoba oil into your fingers and massage it on your eyebrows.
- Let it stay overnight and wash your face in the morning as usual.
- To get the best results from the jojoba oil, you should use it every day.
Rosemary Essential Oils
Rosemary essential oils are effective in stimulating natural hair growth. It helps stimulate better blood circulation and cell division, which leads to fresh hair growth in your eyebrows. You will need a few drops of rosemary essential oil and 1 tablespoon of olive oil or jojoba oil to create your own home remedy for thicker eyebrows.
- Mix the rosemary oil with the jojoba oil or olive oil.
- Put a few drops of this mixture to your fingers and gently massage your eyebrows.
- Keep it on overnight and wash your face in the morning.
- You can use this treatment every day or on alternate days.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil can help unclog the pores, which helps new and fresh hair to grow again in your eyebrows. You can also use this remedy to prevent hair loss and hair thinning. However, you need to be cautious because tea tree oil can sometimes cause allergic reactions. You can do a patch test before using this type of oil on your skin. You need 2 to 3 drops of tea tree oil and 2 tablespoons of carrier oil to create your own home remedy for thicker eyebrows.
- Add your tea tree oil to the carrier oil and massage it directly to your eyebrows.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Do this treatment every night to get the best results.
Sesame Seed Oil
Just a few drops of sesame seed oil every day is enough to help stimulate the hairs in your eyebrows to grow faster and thicker. If you want healthier hair with faster hair growth, you should definitely consider using sesame seed oil as your home remedy.
- Put a few drops of sesame oil on your fingertips and massage directly to your eyebrows.
- Keep it on overnight and rinse off with a mild face wash and cold water.
You will need a Hibiscus flower or its leaves to create your own home remedy for eyebrow hair growth. Research has proven that hibiscus extract is effective in promoting hair growth. You can use both the flower and the leaves, but the leaves are much preferred.
- Crush the hibiscus flower and/or leaves and apply directly to your eyebrows.
- Leave it on for half an hour and wash with lukewarm water.
- You should apply this treatment every day to get the best results.
Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender is well-known for having a calming and relaxing effect on people. It can also be applied topically to fight hair loss. You will need a few drops of lavender essential oil and 1 to 2 tablespoons of carrier oil, which can be jojoba oil or olive oil. Do not take lavender oil orally because it can be poisonous.
- Add the lavender essential oil to the carrier oil.
- Massage the oil mixture into your eyebrows.
- Leave it on overnight and rinse it off with a mild face wash.
- To get a quicker result, you should do this every day.
Curry leaves are a well-known hair growth home remedy in Ayurveda. You only need a few curry leaves and warm water to start creating this amazing remedy.
- Crush the curry leaves thoroughly and soak them in a cup of warm water for a few hours.
- Strain the leaves.
- Apply the concoction to your eyebrows and keep it on overnight.
- For best results, use this remedy three to four times a week.
Did you know that petroleum jelly can be used to thicken your eyebrows? It works effectively in making your hair healthier and shinier. When applying petroleum jelly, it also moisturizes and nourishes the skin under the eyebrows. This is the correct way to apply petroleum jelly if you want to use it as an eyebrow hair growth home remedy.
- Apply the petroleum jelly directly on your eyebrows and leave it on overnight. Do not apply too much if you don’t want the jelly to stain your pillowcase.
- Rinse with lukewarm water in the morning.
- You can repeat the application every night until you achieve the perfect eyebrows you’ve always wanted.
Sesame Oil, Rosemary Oil, and Lemon Juice Blend
This is an effective natural blend that you can easily prepare at home for your eyebrows. This remedy uses the benefits of the individual ingredients to heighten the effect and make your eyebrows thicker and healthier.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 5 to 6 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cotton ball
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and apply the mixture to your brows using a clean cotton ball.
- Rinse it off after half an hour.
- If you want to get the best results, you should do this twice a day.
Homemade Eyebrow Growth Tonic
How to grow eyebrows fast? Just make this amazing homemade eyebrow growth tonic to stimulate the growth of your eyebrows. Here are the ingredients you will need to help thicken your eyebrows faster.
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon tea tree oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cotton ball
- Add all the ingredients in a glass bottle, close the lid tightly, and shake it vigorously to mix everything
- Use your cotton ball to dab this mixture directly to your eyebrows
- Leave it on for half an hour and then wash it off with plain water.
Good Grooming Habit
Most often, having thicker and healthier eyebrows largely depend on your good grooming habits. Here are just some of the grooming habits that you have to follow to keep your eyebrows looking fuller and thicker.
- Do not over pluck your eyebrows
- If applying brow pencils, do not press too hard on your eyebrows
- Regularly use an eyebrow brush or spooler to brush your eyebrows every day
- When applying cream or lotion to your face, do not include the eyebrows in your facial application. There are chemicals in the lotion or facial cream that could stop the growth of your hair and harm the hair follicles.
- Do not wear eyebrow makeup every day. You can use softer eyebrow pencils and gentle tints.
- Start drinking more water daily. Drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water will cleanse your body and enhance hair growth.
You will see remarkable changes on your eyebrow after a few weeks of smart grooming habits.
If you haven’t heard of saw palmetto, it is a type of supplement that is used as a remedy for hair loss. Since this is a proven remedy for hair loss, it can also be used to thicken and get your perfect eyebrows. It also comes in the form of tea, capsules, and extracts, while other people consume the berries. It is given as an oral supplement and cannot be applied topically.