Clear Skin: How To Open up Your Pores
Large open pores are not only unattractive to look at, but they can also contribute to skin problems like acne and blackheads. Oily skin and open pores are a very bad combination because the excess oils, dirt, and bacteria tend to get clogged in the pores, which causes pimples, blackheads, and acne breakout. To make matters worse, the resulting blackheads will make your pores even larger and more visible.
This article will teach you how to get clearer skin by opening up your pores. You will also get valuable information about getting rid of clogged pores and how to use steam to cleanse your pores. If you want to know more about how to take care of your skin, then read on.
Best Home Remedies for Open Pores
Open pores are a real problem, especially for women who always want to have a firmer and younger looking face. Large and open pores are very unsightly and they need to be treated immediately. It is great to know that there are easy and quick home remedies that you can do to treat your open pores.
Lemon juice has high levels of citric acid that are very good in exfoliating the skin causing the pores to shrink. It also has a bleaching effect that will improve your skin complexion and remove dark spots. Here’s how you can use lemon juice as a remedy for open pores:
- Mix 1 tsp of organic honey with the juice squeezed from one lemon. Apply this lemon juice and honey mixture to your skin and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes, and then rinse it off. Do this every day for one month.
- Another alternative is to apply a mixture of 2 tablespoons each of lemon juice and tomato juice. Apply the mixture to your skin and leave it on for 15 minutes. You can repeat this daily or 3 to 4 times a week for at least one month.
- You can also try mixing one teaspoon each of lemon juice and cinnamon powder for 15 to 20 minutes. Repeat this daily for at least one month.
Cucumber is known as a natural astringent that helps in keeping your skin fresh and young looking. It is also effective in minimizing your pores and improving your skin texture. Here’s how you can make your own cucumber home remedy for your skin.
- Extract the juice of one cucumber, and then soak a cotton ball in the cucumber juice and apply directly to your skin. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it with cold water.
- Another alternative is to add a small amount of rose water or lemon juice to your cucumber juice. Apply this mixture to your skin and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing it with cool water.
- You can use either one of these remedies daily for one month or until you are seeing an improvement to the condition of your skin.
Yogurt has high levels of lactic acid, which helps in eliminating excess oils and dead skin cells, thus minimizing the appearance of open pores. Yogurt is also great for reducing lines and wrinkles. Here’s how you can make your own yogurt remedy to improve your skin.
- You can apply a thin layer of plain yogurt to your face. Leave it on for 10 minutes, and then rinse it off with cool water. Repeat this process daily or apply 3 to 4 times a week for one month.
- Another alternative skin treatment is to mix 1 tablespoon of gram flour with 2 tbsp of plain yogurt. Apply the paste mixture to your face and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash it off with cool water. Do this twice a week for one month.
- For those with excessively oily skin and acne prone skin, you can mix 1 tsp of yogurt, 2 crushed aspirin tablets, and one thoroughly mixed egg white. Apply this mixture to your skin and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, and then rinse with cool water. Apply this to your skin once or twice a week.
Oatmeal is great for exfoliating the skin, which means that it is effective in removing dead skin cells and excess oils that make your pores bigger. Oatmeal can also be used for sensitive skin.
- Mix 2 tablespoon of milk powder, 5 tbsp of honey, and 2 tbsp of oatmeal.
- Apply this mixture to your face and rub it in a circular motion.
- Leave it on your face for 15 minutes or until it dries up completely.
- Scrub the oatmeal off your face and wash away with cool water.
- Repeat once or twice a week to get the best results.
The cold temperature of ice is enough to shrink your pores. It is often used by many people to close the pores before putting on their makeup. Ice is also great for promoting better circulation and healthier skin. Here’s how you can use ice to close your pores:
- Wrap a couple of ice cubes in a clean washcloth and hold it on your face for 15 to 30 seconds. You can do this several times daily.
- You can also wash your face with cold water once daily.
Read More –
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is very good for tightening the skin, which reduces your large pores. It is a natural astringent and skin toner that restores your skin’s pH level. It is also antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory, which is effective against acne.
- Mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Get a cotton ball and soak it in the mixture solution and apply it to your face.
- Leave it on for a few minutes, and then wash it off your face.
- Use this apple cider vinegar remedy every night to get the best results and always follow it up with a light moisturizer.
Read More –
Egg white is used for toning and tightening the skin. You can use it to make a face mask to draw out excess oil.
- Whisk the egg white and apply it all over your face evenly. Let it dry completely, and then rinse it off. Do this once a week on a regular basis.
- Another way is to whisk the egg white together with the juice from half of a lemon. Apply it on your face, and then leave it on for 10 minutes or until it dries completely. Wash it off with cool water. Repeat this process a few times per week for one month.
- Whisk an egg white and mix it with 2 tbsp each of lemon juice and oatmeal. Apply the mixture to your face and leave it on for 30 minutes. When it dries up, scrub it off and rinse with cool water. Do this twice a week for several weeks.
Sugar scrub is another great way to exfoliate your skin, thereby reducing your pores and removing excess oils and impurities. Here’s how to make your own homemade sugar scrub:
- Mix 2 tbsp of sugar, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and a few drops of lemon juice. Gently rub the mixture directly to your face for 30 seconds, and then wash it off with cool water. Use this remedy regularly, once or twice a week.
- Sprinkle some sugar on a lemon wedge and gently rub it in your face. Leave it on for 10 minutes, and then wash your face. Do this remedy two times a week for a few weeks.
- Another alternative is to combine equal parts of honey and lemon juice and add a little sugar. Massage this mixture into your skin, and leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing it off. Repeat this remedy once or twice a week for one month.
Baking soda works as an exfoliating agent that removes excess oil and dirt from your skin. It can also balance your pH level and reduce acne and pimples. Here’s how you can use baking soda as natural skin remedy:
- Combine 2 tablespoons each of baking soda and lukewarm water.
- Apply to your skin and massage it in a circular motion for a few seconds.
- Wash your face with cool water.
- Repeat this skin treatment daily for 5 to 7 days, and then reduce to 3 to 5 times a week for a few weeks.
How To Get Rid of Clogged Pores
It is important to treat these clogged pores so you won’t develop nasty skin problems like acne and blackheads. Pores can get clogged because of excess oil, dead skin cells, and the dirt and debris that accumulate in your skin. Sometimes the pores can get clogged because of skin inflammation due to excess white blood cells.
Regular skin exfoliation is a great way to remove the dead skin cells, oil, and dirt that can clog the pores. But if your pores are already clogged, here are some easy home remedies to regain that smoother and younger looking skin.
Steam brings heat that opens your pores too and allows the impurities that were trapped to be washed away. Here’s how you can prepare your own steam to unclog your pores.
- Fill up your pot with water, cover it, and heat it on the stove.
- When the water is already hot and steaming, remove it from the stove.
- Place a towel over your head and lean over the steaming water.
- Allow your face to soak up the steam for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pat dry your face and then apply a toner and mild moisturizer.
- You can use steam on your face twice a week to cleanse your pores deeply and rejuvenate skin.
Honey can prevent clogged pores because it reduces excess oils and tightens the skin pores. Honey will also keep your skin hydrated.
- Just apply raw honey on the affected skin area. Massage it gently into your skin and leave it on for a few minutes, and then wash off with lukewarm water. Do this 2 or 3 times a week to prevent clogged pores.
- Another alternative skin pore treatment is to mix 3 tablespoons of honey and 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon. Apply this mixture directly to your face and leave it on for 20 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this remedy two times a week to remove dirt and oil from the pores.
- You can also make a honey face mask using 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt and a teaspoon each of olive oil and honey. Mix all these ingredients and apply to your face. Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. Use this face mask once a week to remove dirt and impurities.
Sugar is a natural exfoliating agent that is effective in unclogging pores.
- Get 2 tbsp of sugar and crush it into powder form.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and a little water and mix to form a thick paste.
- Apply this paste to your skin.
- Massage gently in a circular motion for 5 minutes.
- Wash it off with cool water and apply a moisturizer.
- Do this once a week to clean out your clogged pores.
Lemon is great for exfoliation because it contains citric acid that cleans out the impurities, oil, and dirt that clogs the pores.
- Apply lemon juice directly to the skin and massage it gently for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water, pat dry using a towel, and apply a mild moisturizer. Repeat every other day.
- You can use it as a facial scrub by mixing 1 teaspoon of lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of plain yogurt and honey and add 5 teaspoons of sugar. Apply the mixture on your face and gently scrub for 2 minutes. Leave it on for 10 minutes, and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Apply this facial scrub remedy two times every week.
- You can also use lemon rind as your skin cleanser and skin softener. Simply rub the lemon rind directly on your face and let it stand for 5 minutes, and then rinse with lukewarm water. Do this twice every week.
Parsley is a natural astringent that can effectively pull toxins, dirt, and other impurities out of your skin, thus preventing clogged pores.
- Fill your bowl with parsley.
- Pour 8 ounces of boiling hot water into the bowl.
- Let it to cool down, and then strain all the water from the parsley. Do not throw away the water.
- Get a clean cloth and soak it to the water solution.
- Hold the soaked cloth on your skin for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Do this once a day every other day.
Papaya contains papain, which has skin-cleansing properties that can treat clogged pores. The exfoliating effect of the papaya can remove dead skin cells that may cause clogged pores.
- Peel a raw papaya and rub it gently on your skin for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this remedy two times a week.
- You can also grind ½ cup of raw papaya pieces to extract its juice. Use a cotton ball to apply the juice on the affected skin. Leave it on your skin for about 10 minutes, and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this once or twice a week.
How To Get Clear Skin By Opening Pores
So now you know some of the helpful home remedies to clean out your pores, but there are also other ways to open up your pores and get rid of the impurities trapped inside. Experts say that there are actually no open pores because they essentially stay the same size. However, these options below are the best way to thoroughly clean open pores and make them look smaller in appearance.
Get Clear Skin Through Clay Mask
Here is the proper way to use clay mask in cleaning out your pores. Follow the steps below so you can pull out the dirt and oil in your pores. Remember to avoid your eyes and mouth when applying the clay mask on your face.
- Apply and rub the clay mask gently on your face in a thin layer.
- Wait for the mask to dry but don’t let it dry completely. When the clay starts to dry, it should appear to look lighter but still feel tacky to the touch. If it dries out completely, the clay can pull the moisture out of your skin. Remember, if the clay comes off when you touch it, then it means that it is still wet.
- When rinsing off the clay mask from your face, use water to soften the clay, and then use a washcloth to scrub your face clean. Make sure to remove all the clay mask from your face.
- After removing the clay mask, apply a moisturizer. Choose an oil-free moisturizer and apply it when your face is fully dried.
- Use this clay mask treatment several times a week, but not every day.
Using Steam to Clean Open Pores
Start by washing your face and cleansing it to prepare your skin for the steam.
- Soak a washcloth in a hot water.
- Wring out the excess water from the washcloth. The washcloth must not be soaking wet.
- Hold the warm washcloth over your face to steam out the open pores. The steam will loosen the dirt, makeup, and oil in the pores.
- When the washcloth cools, heat it up again with new hot water, and hold it to your face once again. Repeat this process 3 to 4 times.
- The final step is to scrub your face with a cleanser to remove the dirt that you’ve steamed out from the pores.
Here is another way to use steam for cleaning up your pores.
- Fill your pot with water and heat it on the stove. Cover the pot and let it to heat up. When it starts to steam, remove it from the stove.
- You can add green tea, peppermint tea, or chamomile tea to the water to nourish your face. If you want to treat your acne, you can add tea tree oil to the hot water.
- Put a towel over your head and lean your face over the steaming water. Let your entire face soak in the steam for 10 minutes.
- You have to remember that too much steaming can make your skin dry up. You should only steam your face once a week for 5 to 10 minutes.
- After the steaming, rinse your face with cool water. The cool water will wash away the impurities and dirt that came out of the pores. The cooler temperature will also tighten up the skin once more.
- Lastly, apply moisturizer to your face to prevent your skin from drying out.
Exfoliate Your Skin
There are two ways to exfoliate your skin, and these are by using a dry facial brush or facial scrub. Exfoliating your skin is important to get rid of dead skin cells, excess oil, and dirt that can clog your pores.
- Dry Facial Brush
You should buy a facial brush that has soft bristles made from natural fibers. Make sure that the brush you are buying is specifically made for the face because body brushes are too harsh on the facial skin.
- Make sure you have a clean and completely dry face before starting out. If your face is wet, this method will not work.
- Gently brush your face in small circular motions. Focus more on the areas where the skin always dries up faster.
- Be very gentle and careful with the skin below and above your eyes. These are the areas that are too thin and fragile.
- When you’re finished brushing your skin, wash your face with cool water and apply moisturizer.
- Facial Scrub
Facial scrubs contain tiny particles that will exfoliate your face. You can buy these facial scrubs in drugstores and beauty shops. You can also make your own homemade facial scrub using these steps below.
- Brew a glass of green tea and put a few teaspoons in a separate bowl.
- When the tea is cool enough, add a tablespoon of sugar and one tablespoon of honey.
- Apply this facial scrub to your face and rub it gently to exfoliate your skin.
- Rinse your face with cool water, and then apply a moisturizer.