Beauty Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is known to have many health benefits both inside and outside the body because of its powerful ingredients. It is rich in vitamins, nutrients and good bacteria that boost your overall health and well-being. It has antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties that can treat all kinds of health conditions such as common cold, weight issues, arthritis, and diabetes. Many people also use apple cider vinegar as a beauty ingredient that keeps their skin soft and supple and treats skin problems. Here are some of the most surprising beauty benefits of apple cider vinegar.
Prevents Acne and Pimples
Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial and antiseptic properties that can effectively prevent acne or pimples. Its powerful ingredients deeply clean the pores from dirt, oil, and bacteria. It also has the ability to balance and restore skin’s pH level to prevent skin breakouts.
- Mix 1 part of apple cider vinegar and 2 parts filtered water in a bowl
- Get a cotton ball and soak it in this solution
- Apply to the affected areas of the skin
- Allow it to sit on the skin for about 10 minutes
- Rinse off with warm water
- Reapply this solution a few times each day
Works as a Skin Toner
Apple cider vinegar is an effective skin toner because it has astringent properties that are great for oily skin. It also contains alpha hydroxy acid that minimizes the pores and increases blood flow to the skin.
- Mix ½ cup of apple cider vinegar and filtered water or distilled water
- Using a cotton ball, apply this solution on the skin
- Leave it on the skin for a couple of minutes
- Rinse it off with cold water
- Apply it once or twice a day
If your skin is not oily, you can add 1 part of apple cider vinegar and 2 parts of water. For those with very sensitive skin, the skin toner should have more water and use it less frequently.
With apple cider vinegar, you can say goodbye to dandruff. Apple cider vinegar has strong antifungal properties that can remove dandruff on the scalp. It also helps in restoring the pH balance of the scalp and cleans the hair follicles and clogged pores.
- Mix 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and 2 tbsp of water
- Add 10 to 15 drops of tea tree oil
- Apply on your scalp
- Massage the solution on your scalp for 5 minutes
- Rinse hair with water, and shampoo
- Do this 2 to 3 times a week
Treatment for Smelly Feet
Many people suffer from smelly feet, which can be a very embarrassing problem. You can get rid of the unpleasant odor by simply using apple cider vinegar. It can disinfect and kill the odor-causing bacteria on your feet.
- Mix 1 cup of apple cider vinegar and 4 to 5 cups of water
- Soak your water into the mixture solution for 10 to 15 minutes
- After soaking, wash your feet with antimicrobial soap and water
- Use it once every day
Soothes Sunburned Skin
Too much exposure to harmful UV rays can cause sunburn. The common signs of sunburn are redness with itchiness and stinging pain. Sometimes, the affected skin has blisters filled with pus. Apple cider vinegar is a natural astringent that can soothe the irritation, swelling, and itching of the sunburned skin.
- Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and cold water
- Massage this solution to the affected areas of the skin to cool it down
- You can repeat this for several times a day until the skin improves
Leaves Hair Smoother and Shinier
If you want to have a much smoother and shinier hair, you can use apple cider vinegar. The healthy properties of apple cider vinegar rebuild the hair from damages caused by strong shampoos and styling products. It can also restore the pH level of your scalp.
- Prepare a hair rinse solution by mixing ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar and 2 cups of water
- After shampooing the hair, pour this solution on the hair
- Massage it deeply into the scalp and allow it to sit for 5 minutes
- Rinse it out
- You can use this treatment once a week
Instead of going to the dentist, you can save money by using apple cider vinegar as your natural whitening treatment. It is effective in removing stains and discoloration of the teeth. It can also destroy bad bacteria in the mouth to promote oral health.
- Restore the natural pearly white sheen of your teeth by mixing 1 part apple cider vinegar and 3 parts water
- Use this mouth rinse twice daily
Prevent Weight Gain
Another beauty benefit of apple cider vinegar is its ability to prevent weight gain. Apple cider vinegar fights hormonal imbalance which causes weight gain. You can include this in your daily health regimen to keep your body fit and healthy.
- Mix 1 to 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp of honey in a glass of water
- Drink it twice a day on a regular basis
Treatment of Cellulite
Apple cider vinegar is a powerful astringent and has skin-toning properties that can remove cellulite. The components of apple cider vinegar flush out toxins and water retention around the stomach and thighs, thus removing cellulite.
- Mix 1 part coconut oil or olive oil and 3 parts apple cider vinegar
- Apply it on your thighs or belly where there are cellulite
- Massage gently for 15 minutes
- Repeat this twice a day
Brightens Yellow Nails
Yellow nails can be caused by fungal infection, smoking, and unhealthy lifestyle. You can bring back the more natural and brighter colors of your nails by using apple cider vinegar. The acetic acid and malic acid in apple cider vinegar can help brighten your nails once again. It can also treat your nail infection.
- Prepare your own nail soak solution by mixing ½ cup apple cider vinegar and ½ cup of lukewarm water
- Soak your fingernails in the solution for 20 to 30 minutes
- Rinse it off